Tuesday, June 3, 2008

A Clean Heart

A Clean Heart

"Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me."
Psalm 51:10

God knows the darkness of our own hearts.  Only He can cleanse our
hearts.  Jesus came to cleanse us from sin and guilt.  He re-creates
a clean heart within us.  The purity of His love moves us to love,
renewing a right spirit within us!

The world says, "work on yourself."  God says, "Turn to Me."  The
Psalmist has it right, praying to God for this blessing.  God wills to
provide the same healing for you.  He waits even now for you to turn to
Him and ask Him! 

Prayer for the day:

O Lord God, I ask you for a clean heart today.  Forgive me and fill me
with Your love.  Only You can renew me.  Give me these gifts, a clean
heart and a strong spirit, through Jesus Christ our Savior, Amen.

No comments: